Saturday, October 2, 2021

Why Did the Black Birds Cross the Road?


Once again, my search for second-hand furniture has led to me see some delightful sights. This time, I was heading to Oldham to look at a desk/table for my computer and TV. I saw some lovely sights on the way, but couldn't stop for pictures because I hadn't allowed enough time. But, having missed some goodies - like a hawk resting on a fence post and more - I was driving slowly along the country road, so that I wouldn't miss a thing. I saw some black birds along this fence line, and something told me stop and see if there was more than met the eyes.


No more had I stopped my car, than they not only flew from the fence line, but rose out of the grasses as well. I'm not sure what type of black birds they are. I thought maybe they were grackles, but they sure look smaller than the grackles I saw daily in southern Texas. But then, you know what they say about everything in Texas.


Of course, this begs the question . . . Why did the black birds cross the road?


Why else? 



TO GET TO THE OTHER SIDE!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Doves

Today, it got up to 60, or slightly above and the doves were having a hey-day!  It was fun to watch them, flying around, not a care in the w...