Saturday, November 6, 2021

Little Clinic on the Prairie

 


As the sunrise keeps moving south in the eastern sky, moving toward that bend in the ellipsical path that marks the shortest day of the year, I can no longer see the sunrise out the sliding glass door of my little apartment. The sun is currently rising just this side of what I call the "Little Clinic on the Prairie," or the Horizon Clinic of Lake Preston, SD. 


Soon, the sun will be rising behind the clinic and I will have to walk out to the edge of the barren field to get a glimpse of it coming up over the horizon. Then, when it finally reaches the place that marks the winter solstice, it will round the bend and start moving northward again. I suspect I will be seeing it from my apartment again about the same time that the famed groundhog will be watching for its shadow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doves

Today, it got up to 60, or slightly above and the doves were having a hey-day!  It was fun to watch them, flying around, not a care in the w...