Tuesday, October 26, 2021

The Elusive Hawk


I often see hawks perched on fence posts as I'm driving around this area, but it never seems to happen when I can pull over and try to get a few pictures. So I usually just utter a quick prayer of thanks for being so blessed as to even catch a glimpse of such spectacular creatures and go about my way.

But today, heading back to Lake Preston from DeSmet, I was in no hurry, so I turned around and parked across the road. The photos of this red-tailed hawk aren't very clear. My focus was off, but I was able to get a few pictures, and it made my day.


I was even able to catch a shot in flight, though I would have been thrilled even more, had I been able to get more of a front view while in flight. 



But, when it rested on a tree branch, it must have read my mind, because after snapping several shots of it facing the other way, it finally turned around and gave me a fairly decent profile shot.


Little moments . . . they mean a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doves

Today, it got up to 60, or slightly above and the doves were having a hey-day!  It was fun to watch them, flying around, not a care in the w...