Saturday, October 23, 2021

My First Nuthatch


It was very exciting to see something new out on the tree trunk. It's great seeing the mourning doves and the robins and the sparrows and the bluejays, but I was super happy to see a nuthatch make a showing! 


He/she (I'm still not good at knowing the difference) was loving the suet I had put out. In fact, it was smacking its beak. Mmmm-mmm. 



Such a beautiful little bird!


After a bit, it scampered up the side of the tree with a beakful of suet, deposited it somewhere on a limb, and scurried back down again. Why it didn't fly up, I don't know. Maybe that big bunch of suet would have thrown off its center of gravity. I don't know. but it sure was moving fast!


And went back for more!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Doves

Today, it got up to 60, or slightly above and the doves were having a hey-day!  It was fun to watch them, flying around, not a care in the w...