Friday, September 3, 2021

A Walk Along Lake Thompson



Needing a break from looking for used furniture and household stuff and from cleaning carpets (or rather, just going over the already clean carpets with water to get out some of the fragrancy smell the carpet cleaners left in - ugggh), I was so happy to accept an invitation to go walking along Lake Thompson with a new friend. It was very relaxing and the weather was close to perfect. 




Driving back from Lake Thompson, I saw a flock of cattle egrets in a pasture. I was no stranger to white egrets and great egrets after living in Texas for a while, but I think this was the first time I saw cattle egrets, which are so named because they like to follow cattle around to eat up the ticks and other insects that the cattle stir up. I think they will sometimes eat them directly from the cattle, making it a symbiotic relationship, although I think they are mostly looking for "convenience food," hahaha... Sure makes a pretty picture, though. Seeing all the egrets gives me a taste of Texas.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doves

Today, it got up to 60, or slightly above and the doves were having a hey-day!  It was fun to watch them, flying around, not a care in the w...