Sunday, August 29, 2021

The Sun Still Rises Everywhere

 




Watching the sunrise while walking along the beach probably rates the highest among the many things I know I will miss about Texas. I used to walk six blocks or so to watch the sun come up over the bay, but more often I would drive the eight miles or so to watch it come up along the beach. I kept a blog of my favorite moments there, and as I still have a ton of photos I haven't posted there, I will likely keep that blog going for a while. 




But one pleasant surprise here in my new apartment was being able to see the sun come up right outside my sliding glass door. True, it's no beach, but it's right there and I don't even have to leave home to see it. And it is still very beautiful, coming up across the cornfield. I miss seeing the ocean and hearing the roar of the waves, but a peaceful quiet is nice too. And, at least for now, it's warm. Yay, warm! 

I look forward to many more beautiful sunrises. It will be nice in the colder months to be able to see it without leaving my home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doves

Today, it got up to 60, or slightly above and the doves were having a hey-day!  It was fun to watch them, flying around, not a care in the w...