Friday, November 12, 2021

Winter White

 


Some people think the first day of winter is on Dec 21/22, the shortest day of the year. Others (like me) think that the first day of winter should actually be set at the midway point between the fall equinox and the winter solstice. 


But I would say that our feathered and furry friends, without having calendars to look at, would say that the first day of winter is first day that the icy, cold winds blow, especially if they bring some of that white stuff along. 


This blue jay is looking for a hearty meal, as a ground blizzard keeps people off the roads. 
I'm glad I had just stocked up on seeds and suet.
      


   This pair of squirrels looks very thankful for finding some food on this blustery day.


The mourning doves and sparrows congregate together as usual, 
huddled a little bit closer together. 


Get ready for the long winter, my little friends. 


I'll do my best to keep up with your needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doves

Today, it got up to 60, or slightly above and the doves were having a hey-day!  It was fun to watch them, flying around, not a care in the w...